Central Print Job Spooling Without Print Appliance
When central servers are used as print spoolers, all print jobs need to travel the complete network to the server and from there to the respective printer. Frequent or large print jobs put a considerable strain on the network infrastructure. You may have to wait a while for your data to be printed.
Decentralized Print Job Spooling With ISD Appliances
ISD appliances are the ideal network printing solutions in decentralized networks with several nodes. Print jobs remain in the local network segment and are stored on the ISD devices. Placing them at strategic points within the LAN or WAN, you can locally limit print data traffic to certain segments of the network. Print jobs no longer need to be sent across the whole network.
- Reduced network traffic
- Data traffic limited to local segments in the network
- Faster access to network resources
- Reduced network load
- Reduced connection costs in spread-out WAN structures
- Shorter waiting periods
Fields of Application
- Decentrally organized network structures
- Organizations with remote sites, branch offices, subsidiaries etc.
- Large work groups
- Networks with highly complex, overworked server architectures